Wednesday 21 March 2012

Loosening up

It takes me a day or two to get in to a painting rhythm once I have broken my routine. I have been looking over some of my work, particularly these sea paintings I did about five months ago. I plan to return to this looser style of working on paper as I can get lots of ideas out quickly and it is a good way to get back to work after a break






These pieces were done on acrylic paper. I used acrylic paint, ink and charcoal and varied the way in which the paint was applied. It is very thick in areas such as in the foreground of the middle piece and thin elsewhere. I like the way the charcoal leaves its mark on the paint and for me it adds darkness and character to these pieces.
I plan to return to this looser style of work and use these materials to bring some expression back to my work.

6 comments:

  1. I love your paintings...the colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so lovely, and I know what you mean about painting on paper, I have almost a whole drawer full of paintings lol

    ~Mo
    www.mokekumileicreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you Mohala, looking forward to that feature on your blog - thanks for including me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for wanting to be a part of it! Your feature is going to run on 4/22 unless I come across a sooner opening.

      ~Mo
      www.mokekumileicreations.com

      Delete
  4. Lovely paintings. Very atmospheric

    ReplyDelete